ABU starts 2018/2019 New Students Screening, 9 Things you must know
Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria finally releases admission list and starts screening of new student.
I’m going tell you things you must know before travelling down to avoid been extorted.
The screening exercise commences on Monday, 7th January 2019 at the convocation ground, Samaru (Main campus) 9am daily (direction : Come in through the main gate, walk/drive straight down till you see a round about, make a right turn and you’ll see a basket ball court sitting on the left side of the road, the venue is sitting right behind the court).
When you get into the square, don’t just join any queue, ask for you faculty and then department as the admission letter would be issued by faculty then department.
Documents to come along with (Original and 5 photocopies each)
- Primary School Leaving Certificate/Testimonial.
- O’level result (Try getting the original copy from the examination body), come along with scratch card.
- Secondary School Leaving Certificate/Testimonial.
- Birth Certificate.
- Original Jamb Result.
- Jamb Admission Letter (if you don’t have, visit Jamb Accredited centres within campus ICICT or DLC or Check how to do it yourself and save cost @ ABUgists.com)
- Letter of Indigineship ( Local Government Awarded not from Emir/Kings Palace).
- ABU Admission status (If you don’t have – Check here ABU Admission Status ).
- Most Important, a little cash because of urgent spending (though, if you follow this post carefully you might not need it except for transportation).
After successfully collecting your admission letter, make sure you listen to instructions on how to get your Matric Number, wait for about 24-48hrs and check the portal @ portal.abu.edu.ng to see if your profile is active.
Login with your matric number as username (matric number will be written on your admission letter e.g u18be1001)
And Password ( your state of origin).
If you are not able to login, no need for worries, just wait a little longer.
If it’s taking too long, go to your faculty and ask for digital centre, lay your complain to whoever is in charge and I believe the problem will be resolved.
If you are able to login – proceed to school fees payment ( READ HERE – How to pay ABU school fees)
Next is Course Registration (Read Here – How to do your course registration)
READ ALSO: How to Click Accomodation in our next post